Tuesday 10 July 2012

Ikea

I have to say that I do love my road trips, whether it be hitting the motorways going down to Brighton, or getting lost on the winding roads of the Yorkshire Dales.  All we (myself and my sister) would need was my trusty car and our cute mascot...


But then this happened to my trusty car (cow print seat covers and all)...


It was a devastating moment in my life, and has taken me nearly a year to admit defeat and try to sell my precious baby =[  However life has gone on and I got insured on the mothers car for the summer (win!). Anyway, now that my sister has graduated and has had to (temporarily) move back home, we have realised that two twenty somethings having to share a room for 3 months is going to be cramped to say the least.  The situation not being helped by that fact that I still have a high sleeper, cabin bed, with the only wardrobe in the room squeezed under the bed with the desk.  This means that when one of us decides to tidy (a rare occurrence) our room ends up looking like this...




Time for change! Which also means a re-con trip to Ikea, which the 8 year old in me lives for!  I love Ikea, mainly for the scrummy meatballs but also for the cute little apartment set ups and generally amazing stuff that can be found in the showroom or the market hall.  We were on a hunt for a bed and a wardrobe with lots and lots of nooks and crannies, and were partly successfully.  We did find a perfect wardrobe, my sister also found some sweet plant pots that could double as make up holders, as well as finding some meatballs to take home in the food hall and an orange moose! 




What is your favourite thing about Ikea?

No comments:

Post a Comment